Main Sewer Line
Main Sewer Line Cleaning and Repair
The Main Sewer Line
The main sewer line is located underground and its sole responsibility is channeling toilet wastes, sink wastes, and tub wastes from your house to the main sewer.
This main sewer line carries both solid and liquid waste. It is, therefore, bigger in size compared to the main water line which only carries water from the street line to your home.
The main sewer line should be maintained properly. With proper maintenance, the sewer lines lifespan will be prolonged because it will be cleared of any blockages and clogs before the pipe bursts and cause an emergency. This is also bound to save you from unnecessary repairs.
Your Draper Plumber is well trained, highly equipped, and is always at your beck and call to service your main sewer line. We offer repair, replacement, and maintenance services at a very affordable price.
Causes of Clogs and Blockages in the Sewer Line
Main sewer lines are highly prone to blockages and clogs so it is very important to properly maintain your main sewer line.
Clogs are majorly caused by our way of life and also by nature. Some of the reasons why this line gets clogged are:
Pouring grease down the drain
The roots of trees
Wrong use of the toilet
There are people who tend to flush trash down their toilets. When you do this, you will cause your toilet to block. It is important to take good care of your toilet and not flush things like: sanitary towels, papers, eggshells, wet tissue wipe, and feminine hygiene products.
Sagging sewer lines
How to Tell If your Sewer Line Is Clogged
There are so many signs that can let you know if you have a clogged or blocked sewer line. It is very important to watch out for these signs so that you can prevent further damage to the line.
Some of the signs that you can look out for are:
- Regularly backed up toilets: Toilets are supposed to flush When you notice that the waste doesn’t go down as easily when its flushed, chances are that you have a clog in the line.
- Bad smell: Any bad smell in your home can mean that the sewer line is leaking. Call a plumber to detect where the problem is and fix it immediately.
- Molds growing on the walls.
- Different patches of green on the lawn.
- Presence of waste areas in your yard.
- Sinkholes in the yard: This is a sign of a sagging sewer line.
- Backups: When there is a clog in the sewer line, you will experience water backups in your home. Check for backups in your tubs, toilets, and sink.
- Having an overflow at sewer cleanouts: Check the area around the sewer cleanout. The cleanouts are located in the yard and are easy to locate as they are marked with the word “clean out” or “sewage”.
It is important not to ignore any or all of the above signs. Do not attempt to unclog or unblock the sewer yourself, but seek professional help because while doing so, you might unknowingly damage the sewer mainline and cause more problem with your plumbing system.
Clogs should not be left unattended because they can lead to serious problems in the future. Talk to us and schedule a maintenance check. Our services are very pocket-friendly and we give you only the best service because we value you as our customer.
How to Check for Sewer Line Clogs
There are several ways that you can use to test for clogs. Some of them are:
- Try turning on the faucets of the bathrooms you rarely use or turn on that tap that you don’t use that often, does the water drains in slowly? Chances are that there is a clog in the sewer line.
- When you flash your toilet and hear a gurgle, this is also a sign of a sewer line clog. It means that there is something blocking the water in the pipes as it tries to go down.
- When you turn on your washing machine, check if there is some drain in your toilet or shower drain. If there is, then you can be sure that you have a clog.
Why you can trust us with the job
Draper Plumber has a team of highly trained professional plumbers to deal with any type of plumbing need you might require. So let our skilled expert plumbers fix all the clogs and blockages in your home to save you time and money. Because here, you as a customer come first. You can choose us because:
- We are very equipped for all plumbing jobs.
- We only guarantee a 100% expert service delivery.
- We are not expensive.
- We are local so we understand our town and its plumbing needs.
- Our plumbers are properly trained.
- We are open 24/7 which means that we cover all emergencies.
- You will get a free estimation of the job to be done.
- At Draper Plumber, the customer is always first.